1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Aaron Gold

Visitor's Guide to the Los Angeles Auto Show

By November 16, 2011

Well, well, well -- it looks like auto show season is once again upon us. The first major show in the country, the Los Angeles Auto Show, opens to the public this Thursday. I'll spend the next couple of days attending the press preview, and I'll post pictures of the highlights on Friday. Meanwhile, if you're thinking about going this year, my L.A. Auto Show visitor's guide will tell you when to go, how to get there, and -- come Friday -- what to see. -- Aaron Gold

Comments
November 16, 2011 at 4:18 am
(1) Eric says:

Man, I wish I could go. I went to the Frankfurt show. It was certainly interesting to see what the rest of the world gets to drive in new vehicles, although some of the buildings were so crowded that I didn’t even bother to go in. Would be nice to see what’s on deck for the U.S.

November 16, 2011 at 8:19 am
(2) agent Mike says:

Aaron, Would very much like your take on the “Pulse” of this show. Previous shows have had a small showing with major companies not even bothering to show up. Presentaions have been dialed down with alot less hoopla. So let us know, How you perceived this show compared to previous years.

Mike

November 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm
(3) jeff says:

I went to the Sacramento show last Friday and have to agree. Far less cars than in the last 3 yrs I went. Several advertised cars weren’t even there.
They did still have the driving experience with Toyota, Ford, and Chrysler this year. However, I didn’t have enough time to do those.
Comparitively speaking, this years show sucked.

November 17, 2011 at 10:09 am
(4) Eric says:

Wow!! And supposedly this years shows were supposed to be so much better than 2009 and 2010 with the supposed recovery of several of the auto makers. Sounds like maybe not so much.

November 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm
(5) jeff says:

Remember now. I went to the Sac show. Not exactly a headliner in the International Auto Show circuit. The LA show probably has boatloads more.

November 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm
(6) Hawaiian Don says:

I’m waiting for the humbler San Diego auto show. I think it is usually Christmas week.

December 8, 2011 at 3:37 pm
(7) SDIAS says:

@ HawaiianDon, The San Diego International Auto Show is Dec 29 – Jan 1. For more info visit sdautoshow.com. Hope to see you at the show!