1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Aaron Gold

Photo gallery: Los Angeles Auto Show

By December 3, 2012

Los Angeles Auto ShowLA may have a reputation for whimsy, but this year's LA Show has its feet firmly on the ground. There were relatively few all-new concepts, but a lot of substantial new real-world products. Check out all the significant premieres in my Los Angeles Auto Show photo gallery. And if you're in the area, you'll find all the info you need to visit the show in my LA Auto Show Visitor's Guide. -- Aaron Gold

NOTE: Our tech gurus are doing some construction work this morning, so the gallery is updating slowly. You'll see more photos appearing over the next couple of hours.

Photo © Aaron Gold

Comments
December 3, 2012 at 5:50 pm
(1) Steve in GA says:

Two cars in your photos really got my attention, but they grabbed me for very different reasons.

First, the good. The Audi A8 is beyond beautiful. It is flowing, moving, graceful sculpture I was stopped beside a BMW 7-Series in traffic today, and it was positively frumpy compared to this Audi. . How does Audi continue to produce sedans that look this good?

Now the not so good. I hope that your photo of the Mazda6 was taken from an unusual angle or that the lights at the show had some kind of strange effect on the looks of this car. The car looks seriously out of proportion, as if the A-pillar denoted a dividing line between two different cars that were unnaturally grafted together. For Mazda’s sake, I hope that this car will look better in person.

December 3, 2012 at 9:22 pm
(2) Hawaiian Don says:

The Ford Focus ST looks really sharp. The Fiesta is pretry cool as well. Looks like Ford is taking styling cues from the Hyundai’s Irvine, Ca Design Center.
Good move!!!

December 4, 2012 at 12:43 am
(3) DFI says:

I would have to say I did not see anything inspiring or remotely interesting among the gallery. Kind of a bleak car design year, huh?

December 4, 2012 at 1:21 am
(4) jeff says:

I’m with DFI on this one. The Fiesta is an almost exact copy of the Prius. The Mazda6 looks like it has a Mercedes SL front end with Dodge Ram fenders. The Jaguar XFR-S, with it’s cheap off the shelf looking spoiler, is only missing a coffee can tailpipe to complete the teenager look. All in all, just a whole lot of boring.

December 4, 2012 at 8:29 am
(5) ChrisF says:

The only one of these cars I could see buying is the Fiat 500L (for the wife, not me). I do believe, however, that it’s based on a different Fiat platform (Punto?), and not on the regular 500′s platform.

December 6, 2012 at 9:12 am
(6) Eric says:

Can’t say I’m especially thrilled with any of them either. I do like the Mazda 6. Nice to see them finally getting away from that hideous front end design they saddled themselves with for the past several years. Otherwise, I didn’t see anything that would compel me to spend 5 figures worth of my money on.

December 7, 2012 at 3:10 pm
(7) Matt B says:

Steve, absolutely agree about the A8. When i walked up to it i first thought it was an A6 – that’s a compliment. Very sleek and trim. Looks smaller than it is. The other large german and japanese sedans look big and fat in comparison.

the RS5, S6 and S4 all looked incredible.

The Mazda6 does indeed look nice in person but feels a bit tight in the drivers seat. Headroom and knee room seemed limited for a guy my size (6’1″”. I much preferred the drivers seat in the CX-5.

The Fusion doesn’t work for me in base trim. Just blah.

The Optima might be ahead of the Mazda6 as my favorite midsize sedan.