1. Autos

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Aaron Gold

Updated: Least expensive cars of 2014

By October 7, 2013

2014 Nissan Versa NoteI've updated my list of the least expensive cars for 2014, and there are some big changes to the list: Two cars are on (Mitsubishi Mirage, Nissan Versa Note), two cars drop off (Hyundai Accent, Mazda2), and one car drops several places (Ford Fiesta). Check 'em out: Least-expensive cars of 2014. -- Aaron Gold

Photo Aaron Gold

Comments
October 7, 2013 at 1:41 am
(1) Hawaiian Don says:

The Kia with that warranty makes it my winner. If I HAVE to go with two others, the two would be the Chevy and the Nissan which are both really good cars.

October 7, 2013 at 1:46 am
(2) Hawaiian Don says:

*Kia Rio & Nissan Versa

October 7, 2013 at 9:01 am
(3) Eric says:

The only two of this bunch that I would even consider are the Versa sedan and the Chev Sonic. The Spark looks just plain freakish too me, and I’m just not into the Korean makes. I’ve had too many bad experiences with Ford products and their dealerships to ever buy one again, no matter how good they might be, and the rest of the cars on this list are just not on my radar. I’ve read so many bad things about the Versa Note that I’d never even venture near one on the lot.

October 7, 2013 at 9:14 am
(4) Brian says:

For once, a car is actually cheaper on our side of the border. The Versa is $11898 in Canada. Doesn’t have A/C though and it’s not an option on the model. (Although I guess I should say *factory* option, I’ll bet a dealer can install it).
More in line with the article, at least Nissan USA is offering a cheap car that people might actually want to buy. I recall buying a cheap Civic some years ago and it didn’t even have a radio.
Wonder how the Micra will fit into the cheap car mix once they arrive here?

October 7, 2013 at 1:14 pm
(5) jeff says:

I’d go with the Kia Rio. I like the Sonic and Fiesta as long as they’re in hatch form. The Spark I didn’t like for no other reason than those colors but have seen a black and white one recently and they look far better without the hideous pastel colors. One big negative for me is the ridiculous dash designs on the two Chevy’s. Their insulting to grown adults and tailored to teenagers who don’t like them either.

October 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm
(6) jeff says:

They’re insulting… I know how to spell, really I do.

October 7, 2013 at 1:53 pm
(7) George in Ohio says:

Although I probably will never buy one of these cars, I’m guessing the Fiesta if I want fun-to-drive, the Rio if I want a car for comfort (and warranty), or the Sonic if I want something in-between. Not terribly impressed with the remaining options on the list. I’d probably either put out a few more bucks for a stripped Focus/Mazda 3 or look for a good used version of either of those for the same bucks.

October 8, 2013 at 3:20 pm
(8) Ross says:

I was very impressed with the Fiesta I rented recently. I’ve driven the Versa and the Yaris, and they’re both pretty terrible. The Fiesta felt higher quality, and just sorted better. The only other car in this list I might be interested in is the Sonic, it seems like most reviewers are positive on it, but I haven’t had the chance to drive one yet.